Recognition

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Vintage Sheet Music Smile



Happy Wednesday!  I love working with vintage sheet music, the look and feel of it just makes me happy!    Well, music in general just makes me happy!

I took a piece of vintage sheet music and adhered it to some ivory card stock, and cut it down to 5.5" by 4.25", then sprayed it with Goosebumps Texture Spray (by Imagine Crafts) to give it some thickness.  After it dried, I applied Distress Ink in Walnut Stain with a sponge applicator.  The goosebumps spray acts as a resist agent so the ink only goes in places where no texture spray lands.  I took a close up picture so you can scroll down to see the texture and shine the spray gives the music.

I then used the following dies, Memory Box stitched circle dies, Arched Poppies, and Pennington Rose dies in black and from the card front music.  I insert the black outlines of the dies into the cuts on the music page and adhered it to an ivory base.  I took the whole music panel and die cut it with the frame from Wplus9 Sunshine Layers set.  (I had to run it through many times as the music paper and texture was so thick, it was difficult to cut the outside frame!  I popped the Smile die on the circles and them used some fun foam to elevate the sentiment.  All card stock was from Gina K Designs - just love her card stock!  

I am entering this in the following challenges:
The Card Concept Challenge 52 Happy 2nd Anniversary Challenge (I'm not sure what style this is.  It's vintage but not a lot of embellishments or things on it.  So I'd say classy and elegant.)
Simon Says Try to Resist Monday Challenge
and in the Crafting By Designs You are Beautiful which is to make something you would like to receive - I love music and I'd love to receive this card!






4 comments:

  1. I came here through The Card Concept blog. Love how elegant and beautiful your card is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love using resist techniques too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card and I love how you've used the resist technique, it's worked so well! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so pretty! Love the resist technique! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete